Bachelor Nation's other favorite guilty-pleasure show, Unreal, is about to be back for its third season. And this time, there are some big changes for the fictional reality dating show we all like to believe is exactly as dramatic and cutthroat as the real-life Bachelor franchise.
The latest trailer for Unreal Season 3 just dropped, and it gives us a little insight into what's coming for producers Rachel and Quinn — other than all the abs. Seriously, so many abs. Because, fam, this time, their fictional show-within-a-show, Everlasting, will feature a female suitor. You know what that means: pools full of super-hot dudes vying for the leading lady's attention.
From the trailer, we learn that the bachelorette at the center of the show is really smart. In fact, she may be too smart — Quinn and Rachel clearly can't control her like they've controlled male suitors during past seasons. As she puts it herself, "From this moment forward, the only rules are the rules that I make." LOL, Rachel and Quinn don't play that way. Having a cast of men to manipulate into dramatic storylines will also be a new dynamic since we imagine a lot of the producers' specific tricks for getting women to cry and fight on camera will be a little different than they might be for men.
The trailer doesn't offer us much in terms of what the plot will entail, but it does hint at some of the drama that's coming. One contestant has his man bun cut off while he's asleep, and there's a quick glimpse at a brawl that breaks out poolside. As Quinn puts it, "That is television gold."
The new season of Unreal premieres Feb. 26.
There's some distressing news coming out of Baltimore on the afternoon of Wednesday, October 18. According to Deadline, three people have been killed and two others were wounded in a shooting near the Maryland metropolis, close to where House of Cards is currently filming its sixth season. Production for the show was reportedly shut down as a precaution, though Deadline says the Deadline says the shooter may have been targeting a specific business, and no one on the House of Cards set was in any immediate danger.
House of Cards producer Dana Brunetti posted on Facebook about the shooting, and pointed out the lack of media coverage surrounding it.
Baltimore shooting house of cards post
The Harford County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting took place just after 9 a.m. at the Emmorton Business Park in Edgewood, Maryland, 20 miles northeast of Baltimore. The suspect, Radee Prince, is still at large, and the FBI is helping in the search for him. Local officials said he is being considered armed and dangerous.
Sheriff Jeffrey Gahler said all five people who were shot were believed to be employees at Advance Granite Solutions. The company's owner told reporters the suspect has worked there as a machine operator for about four months
On the heels of Deadline's report corroborating tweets that filming had been shut down, The Hollywood Reporter issued a new and conflicting report claiming that filming has not actually been affected. According to a statement released by Netflix and production company Media Rights Capital to THR, "We have been in touch with local authorities and are aware of a shooting situation that happened about a mile away from the House of Cards set," they said. "Production on the show has not been impacted."
More details will be included in this report as they emerge.